The papal residence at St. Bishoy Monastery hosted the second seminar for their graces, the members of the Holy Synod, on February 17th and 18th, 2014. The seminar “The Church Towards a Better Future” was under the care of H.H. Pope Tawadros II and the Holy Synod secretariat, with the participation of 90 Synod members, the seminar covered a variety of aspects and issues.
- Topics –
- “The Church between the Reality and the Future” by H.H. Pope Tawadros II
- “The Christian Union” by H.G. Bishop Serapion
- “Atheism and how to combat it” by H.G. Bishop Makarius
- “The Effects of Media and how to approach it” by Fr. Boules Halim
- Workshops –
- Men dedication service, a group discussion organized and supervised by Their Grace Bishops Anba Tadros, Anba Thomas, Anba Maximus of Banha and Anba Theodosius.
- The Holy Synod committees activation by H.G. Bishop Youssef.
- Experiences and News – Sharing different experiences from dioceses in which the reverend members shared and exchanged experiences.
- H.G. Metropolitan Bishoy pointed out a scientific research in an attempt to reach a unified Easter date.
- H.G. Metropolitan Hedra shared his pastoral experiences with the diocese priests.
- H.G. Bishop Dawood shared his pastoral experience in his diocese.
- H.G. Bishop Angaelos presented an illustrated account showing the youth service in England.
- H.G. Bishop Markorius shared the experience of addiction treatment center in Gerga.
The seminar ended by a closing recommendations session: 1- The seminar evaluation 2- Summing up the seminar outcomes 3- Open discussion. The reverend members requested that the Holy Synod sub-committees are to tackle the issues requiring close study and research.
Joy, unity, oneness and association were the spirit that prevailed in the seminar atmosphere. Special thanks went to H.H. Pope Tawadros II and The Holy Synod secretariat. All participants expressed their outstanding delight to take part in such seminars.
May God bless this hard work for the glory and growth of the church and the salvation of souls.