Archive for May 30th, 2008
Hosted by H.G. Bishop David at the Archdiocese in Cedar Grove, NJ, Ctech held its first meeting. It was very successful! Topics discussed were: Google Checkout for Non-Profits, Free Web Hosting for churches, Fellowship One & ACS (Church Database Systems), Live Streaming Options, Website Development (Joomla or Drupal), and a SMS Massaging List.
- A Google Group will be created to further communicate.
- Further meetings were requested to be held quarterly.
- Look for the next event in late August or early September…
Ctech stands for Coptic Technology. Ctech refers to all the technology that can be implemented in both our churches and their ministry.
The Mission Statement of Ctech is the sharing of knowledge and experience between all of our churches. It is a forum for the communication and dissemination of information pertaining to technology, its use, and application in church ministry.
To that end, with the blessings of H.G. Bishop David, Ctech will host events in which church representatives can present information or ideas to the Coptic Tech Community.
Ctech’s Objective -
The objective of Ctech is the sharing of technological knowledge and experience between all of our churches. It is a forum for the communication and dissemination of information pertaining to technology, its use, and application in church ministry.
- To connect our Churches through technology.
- To network the Tech Specialists of our Churches.
- To provide a forum and communication method for collaboration on projects and joint tech initiatives.
Did you know that Google Checkout offers free online donation processing for Non-Profits? So your church can accept online donations at no cost whatsoever to the church! The funds will automatically be transferred to the bank account you specify and verify through Google Checkout. TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A NON-PROFIT FOR GOOGLE:
1. Sign up at https://checkout.google.com/sell/
2. When you sign up*:
- Use your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization’s address.
- Make sure your EIN matches your non-profit organization’s Tax ID number.
*You need the IRS Official:
- Church Name
- Phone Number
- Church EIN (Tax ID Num)
Also, the: Checking Account Number & Bank Routing Number
3. After you sign up, select Non-Profit (IRS certified 501c3) as your Primary Product Type on the ‘Settings’ page, then click Save profile.
To Verify this in order to not be deducted 2% transaction fee on all donations they require:
Email a scanned copy of the first page of your organization’s latest Federal IRS 990 Tax form or A LETTER OF DETERMINATION from the IRS, plus a cover letter with your merchant ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax this information to 888 522 6614. (Takes about 1 Week After Submittal)
VERY IMPORTANT - Scanned copy of most recently filed IRS Form 990 (you probably don’t have this because as a church we are exempt from filing this form) or a copy of a Letter of Determination from the IRS. If we don’t have one of these to verify our tax-exempt status they will deduct 2% from every transaction. If you can’t get one of these, you can fill out the form 990 (The Church Treasurer should be able to do this. The form is readily available online.) or (Church Board Member or authorized party) call IRS number for non-profits (1-877-829-5500) and ask them to mail you “a letter of affirmation” (of the letter of determination) (Takes 10-14 Business Days).
IRS Telephone Assistance for Exempt Organizations
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
4. Complete Bank Verification Process – Specify Bank Account Number and Bank Routing Number
They will deposit some cents into account you must then login and tell them how much to verify that you own this account (Takes about 3-5 Business Days)